Saturday, September 27, 2008

I don't know all the answers.....

Well, Garran did well on Friday at Pulmonary Rehab. He did the treadmill for about 3 minutes and the the stair master for 2 minutes, then went to the trampoline for a few jumps. He wasnt as active as he was the day the kids came with him. He dropped pretty hard on his sats too. By the end of his Therapy he was satting at 88% on 3 litres. Which went back up after he calmed down and his heart rate dropped. But still.

He is alot happier with them here. That is good. They started school down the road. They were quite nervous the first day. But so far they have already started to make friends.

Tonight, I went out to go to the grocery store with children in tote. And stopped at a oil change place to see how much it cost to get an oil change. The shop was closing so I got back in the car to leave, and well, my van didnt want to start.

Convenient that I was in front of a mechanic shop though. I was blessed enough to have a very nice man who worked there come out and take a look at it, and jump start the engine. It sounds like we need to get a new alternator for the van. Great. Just one more thing to add....

I am hoping maybe this is covered on the warranty, but I am not holding my breath. I will call Monday. Unless of coarse the van doesnt start again tomorrow and I have to call the 24 hr road side assistance tomorrow. Then we will know for sure huh... :)
Either way, things can only get better.
We are trying to stay possitive here.


Garran has been worried lately. He came to me yesterday and said "Mommy, I don't want to die" What do you say to that? He's 7. I shouldnt have to have and answer for that. He asked "why did God give me lungs that didnt work?" These are big questions for a kid his age. I told him that I didnt have a perfect answer for him. That maybe someday after all this is over, and he has new perfect lungs, he will tell his story to someone and they will come to know God because of it. He was very happy with that.

I dont know all the answers, Only God knows all the answers. But someday, when all this is in the past we will look back and say 'hmm, thats why' ....Otherwise, I really cant rationalize any of this for him.
Anyway, thats whats happening today.

No comments: